Hi Yall!!
Today was a rather busy day. Maybe I should say this week has been rather busy. I thought I would be able to sleep in this week since I finished that maymester class...uh, no. I did a lab observation at a child development center this spring and I let them know I would be free this summer but to let me know in advance when to come.
Well, the advance notice I got was 8:30 A.M. Monday morning. I was asked to come in by 9:15 to help with the preschool graduation. I had no idea who these children were or what most of their names were. I was totally clueless when I walked in. Thankfully this place is 10 minutes away from my house. I got there and the students were like who are you, what's your name, why are you here...yeah, they had no clue I was coming. We went through the practice and then I thought I could leave. I thought wrong. It seemed like I was needed everywhere. I stayed with the 2's until their lunch time was over, ate lunch with the 3's and went back to their room. DSS regs need 2 teachers in a classroom over the ratio limit so I was picked to go in their room. I stayed almost the whole time.
Then, Tuesday morning I got there bright and early for the graduation practice. After practice, I got my lunch thinking I was staying again but I got to go home at 1!! I was so happy since I had a night class that night. I didn't go yesterday because the class had a fieldtrip.
Today was the big day. I was surprised when I walked in and all the students said hey Miss. Mary. I was like wow yall remembered my name too bad it was the last I would see them as a class. Graduation went great. I was shocked. Then, I stayed with the 3's class since there was an overflow of students [DSS regs again] and went to lunch with them. I was able to leave after the 2 "real" teachers got back. Me and another fill in were able to leave.
These three days were great because I got paid to come!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment